Guidelines for Consigning at
We aim to provide interesting, high-quality consigned women’s clothing and accessories in excellent condition, at a good price.
- Stylish, Euro-influenced, casual women’s clothing
- Sizes 0 to 1X, including maternity wear
- Accessories, including purses, jewelry, scarves, belts, shoes, hats and perfumes
Seasonally and by appointment only.
Appointment times fill up quickly; please therefore note when to call (919-403-0495)
- For fall and winter items, call during the last two weeks of July to schedule appointments in August, September, October and part of November.
- For spring and summer items, call during the last two weeks of February to schedule appointments in March, April and May.
- Check your garments carefully for stains, holes, tears, missing buttons and hooks, etc. and fix what needs to be fixed. (We’ll be checking them, too, of course.)
- All items must be clean and free of wrinkles.
- Clothing that smells of cigarette smoke, moth balls, or other strong odors cannot be accepted. If there is a smoker in your home, please clean all items within 24 hours of bringing them to consign with us.
- Hang each garment on its own hanger. Due to increased numbers of consignors, we regret that we cannot accept bags or boxes of items for consideration.
- We don’t accept designer knock-offs. If we’re in any doubt, we’ll ask you to sign a verification that your designer item is authentic.
- We don’t take Walmart, Kmart, Target or Old Navy brands. (One possible exception would be Target’s designer line of clothing.)
We set the selling price and reserve the right to reduce any items at our discretion during the 60-day consignment period. We hold end-of-season clearance sales twice yearly.
The Consignor receives 40% of the selling price. Checks for sales totaling $25+ are mailed out monthly for items sold during the previous month.
If, per the Consignor Agreement, you elect to pick up unsold items, then it is your responsibility to do so within 2 weeks of the designated date. Items not picked up become the property of Encore and may be donated or otherwise disposed of without further notice.
3401 University Dr., #1
Durham, NC 27707